Growing up in Blacksburg, SC I started fishing at very a young age. I caught my first fish with my dad and grandpa at the age of four. I was hooked.
I played lots of sports in high school which severely cut down on my fishing time. A competitive career in fishing only began taking shape while at Clemson University. I majored in civil engineering and fished as much as possible on the weekends. I fished a lot of weekend events, BFLs, and everything I could make time for and still keep up my grades. I graduated Clemson in 2004 with my degree and started worked for the state as a civil engineer.
Once I started making a paycheck I was able to move up to the higher level FLW events and fished the FLW Tour for five years. I qualified for the Elites through the Southern Opens in 2010 and have been fishing the Elites ever since 2011. I started fishing Major League Fishing in 2014 and am now a full MLF Cup angler.
My #1 career goal is to win the Bassmaster Classic. I do this with the full support off my wife Sharon (high school sweetheart) and our little girl Kinsley.
Career highlights to this point include:
- 2010 Smith Lake Bassmaster Open Win
- 2014 Lake Norman Bassmaster Open Win
- Three-time Bassmaster Classic Qualifier
- Five-time FLW Cup Qualifier
- Twelve Top-12’s on the Elite Series
- 34 Top-10’s Tour-Level Finishes
- Major League Fishing Selects Win
- Major League Fishing Cup Angler
- Career Winnings – somewhere around a million but it took about that much to make it!